We are seeking a highly motivated and talented individual to join our team as our Lead WordPress Developer for our Bangalore office. This is a key leadership role where you will get the chance to lead a team of developers.
The ideal candidate will possess expert level knowledge of WordPress, including advanced theme and custom plugin development.
Required Technical Skills
- Passion for WordPress development. We believe that being passionate about what youre working on is the key to success.
- 4+ years WordPress development experience. You should have experience building custom themes and plugins, and you should have an advanced knowledge of the WordPress API.
- You should have experience developing web sites that cater for 3 million+ page view per month, and should be able to diagnose issues relating to high traffic, and tune the site so that it performs well under heavy load.
- Experience setting up servers from scratch, configuring firewalls, security best practices, etc.
Required Non-technical Skills
- Interest in web design. You should have an interest in modern web design principles for example, you likely have a personal site that looks great.
- Self-driven work ethic. You need to be a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion, with loose (at best) direction.
- Detail oriented and highly organized. We are a small company with a lot to do, so you should be able to work on and prioritize multiple tasks at any given time, and stay very organized.
- Leadership skills. We are looking for you to be a leader in this small company, and plan on building a team around you.
- Great communication skills. Were a distributed team, so frequent and clear written communication is a must.
- Friendly personality. We pride ourselves on being a friendly and open bunch, and this is especially important because you will be frequently interacting with customers and external team members.
- Curiosity and the desire to learn. Our business is changing and growing fast who knows what will be the skills of tomorrow?
Whats in it for you ?
- Opportunity to work with really talented engineers in the field to build websites that you will be proud of.
- Culture of high performance, flexibility & responsibility.
- Your views will be heard because we strongly believe everybody plays a critical role.
- Professional development (conferences & training)